All you wanted to know about General Data Privacy Directive (GDPR) in one day
Provides a comprehensive introduction and the practical understanding of the implementation implications, legal requirements and how to implement the regulation within the organisation. During the course, we will go thru the implementation path to ensure EU GDPR compliance, and how you as an IT and data consultant can help companies avoid additional work, and loss of reputation resulting from data breaches. Besides implementation structures, we will also focus on cyber resilience, data protection, and cybersecurity issues that are mandatory within the law.
During the seminar, we will review current IT and data issues regarding GDPR implementation and how you can help companies to develop an IT and data security strategy. The seminar will be conducted as a GDPR workshop to identify the significant effects of GDPR and recognise several critical areas of action, including a roadmap & framework.
The GDPR FAS certification course will provide a complete overview to the EU GDPR, with a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for an organisation of any size. We will further focus on the practical application (Foundation) and the material substance of the GDPR articles on the GDPR execution including scope, approach, structure, data flows and mapping to ensure ongoing compliance. (Application & Substance)
Friday 2nd February 2018
Keilaranta 1 Espoo
Session start from 09:00-16:30.
Registration at 08:30
€ 400 +VAT for the course with certification
You will also be able to achieve the EU GDPR Foundation, Application & Substance (EU GDPR FAS) qualification certification. The certification is optional and can be taken right after the seminar or within the next day of the course on the web. The holder of an EU GDPR FAS qualification exam certificate will be registered on the EUGDPR Institute® successful candidate record database. With the registration, you can demonstrate the validity of your GDPR qualification to current and prospective employers worldwide or use it for your next assignment.
||Kersi F Porbunderwalla
GDPR course is conducted in English. The practical implementation examples, experiences and best practices will be from Danish/Nordic and other global companies.
- The background of EU GDPR and the significant terminology.
- The fundamental differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR.
- The data subject’s rights to individual’s personal data.
- Procedure for Processing Subject Access Requests (access to personal data)
- GDPR Privacy rules; marketing requirements and breaches and summary.
- The implementation track to EU GDPR compliance:
- Privacy by Design and Default
- The What, When and How of Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- Conducting Data audits
- Training and competence requirements
- Incident response and breach reporting
- Updating policies and procedures
- Multijurisdictional & territorial scope of the EU GDPR
- International data transfers.
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation (as digital copy. PDF file optional).
- A chronological summary of all GDPR articles with an explanation on each article to ensure the right understanding of the articles in question during implementation
- The Copenhagen Compliance® GDPR Roadmap and Framework
- EU GDPR Foundation, Application & Substance Exam (EU GDPR FAS). (optional)
- Certificate of attendance
Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
Science and Technology Park, SCION