GDPR (The European Union General Data Protection Regulation) seminar
All You Wanted to Know About General Data Privacy Directive (GDPR) In One Day. The Foundation, Application and Substance (FAS) Seminar with Certification and Service CheckThe General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25 May 2018 continues to be an evolving and ongoing challenge for most organisations.
The need: Given that GDPR compliance is an ongoing journey, the Governance Institute, ICSA, asked the EU Governance and Compliance community to discuss how their organisations had complied with GDPR. The headline figure revealed that only half of the EU companies were 'fully compliant on the enforcement date of 25 May 2018, with roughly a quarter (27%) not fully compliant and the rest (23%) unsure.
Given the potential fines and reputational damage for non-compliance, companies cannot afford to neglect the correct GDPR methodology for implementation. The focus on GDPR will remain high on the corporate agenda of all businesses.
Who should participate: The post-implementation updated FAS seminar/workshop is for all individuals who are the stakeholders in managing data protection, privacy, IT Governance and IT and Cybersecurity within the organisation. Participants with GDPR awareness who wish to improve the effectiveness of their IT Governance, Data and Compliance strategy and streamline the GDPR processes will be able to use our methodology to ensure long-term compliance.
The seminar's scope: The module-based one-day event provides a comprehensive introduction and a practical understanding of the post-implementation implications and the legal requirements. The structured methodology and the implementation path to ensure EU GDPR compliance, how GDPR stakeholders can help avoid additional work, loss of reputation resulting from data breaches, and the mandatory cyber resilience, data protection, and cybersecurity issues.
We will review current IT and data issues post GDPR implementation and how companies can now develop an IT and data security strategy.
Certification: The GDPR FAS certification course will provide a complete overview of the EU GDPR, with a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for an organisation of any size. We will further focus on the practical application (Foundation) and the material substance of the GDPR articles on the GDPR execution, including scope, approach, structure, data flows, and mapping to ensure ongoing compliance. (Application & Substance) The certification is taken after the seminar (smartphones or iPads are not suitable) on the web. The holder of an EU GDPR FAS qualification exam certificate is registered on the EUGDPR Institute® successful candidate record database to document the registration and validity of your GDPR qualification.
Seminar content and topics covered will include:
- The background of EU GDPR and the significant terminology.
- An overview of the regulatory framework of local, regional and global privacy laws
- How to document the data mapping process to identify personal data items, formats, transfer methods and locations;
- The data subject's rights to an individual's data.
- The hidden challenges of third-party vendor risk management
- Consent management and cookie compliance
- Procedure for Processing Efficient and effective management of subject access requests
- Privacy by Design and Default
- The What, When and How of Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Incident identification response and the response
- The lifecycle of a data breach and breach reporting
- GDPR and Sales and marketing requirements and issues post implementation
- How GDPR works with third parties and the impact on International data transfers
- The multijurisdictional & territorial scope of the EU GDPR
- Updating the Privacy Shield, Codes of Practice, SCCs or Binding corporate rules
- Conducting Data audits
- Awareness training and competence requirements
- We will also discuss the recent case studies for non-compliance and explore the global best practices that can lead to excellence in GDPR, data protection, privacy, IT and cybersecurity progress.
Participants will receive some documents, policies, and templates to be able to start the implementation process. A complete set of 25-30 papers are given after completing the CEP (Certified Expert Practitioner) certification seminar.